now that i've got you, nothing else matter. <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30690144?origin\x3dhttp://genuinelysuriani.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Nenek.
This morning Nizal gave me some baulu for breakfast and suddenly it remind me of my grandma from Baba's side. I suddenly miss her terribly. I missed her kuih baulu too! She make perfect baulu and nobody in the family took over the recipe from her! Sigh...

I grew up with her till her last breath. And its still clear in my mind how she left me forever.
It was back in 1995, I was in primary 3 at that point of time.
I skipped my ngaji that morning and was having fun at home, with music blasted so loudly with my cousin who stay with me. Kak Ju(my cousin) suddenly came out from the room and told me a funny story about nenek (which was not anymore now).

She told me that nenek was sitting on her bed by the window jumping and clapping her hand out of joy and saying " Ju pergi buat kopi! Atok datang!." My atok passed away back in 1988 by the way. So we were laughing and was like thinking what a lame joke that was.

And nenek actually fainted due to her asthma attack. Called my parents and Mak Busu who live nearby. Then the doctor came too.
As per normal, I got ready for school as I was in the afternoon session at that point of time. I was making my way to the busstop when Mak Busu shouted from the 10th floor asking me to come back home. She waited for me at the lift lobby and when the lift door opened, she told me that "nenek da takde!" I cried on the spot! I don't know anything. I feel so shitty cos I never thought she would leave me just like that.

Even though I can't recall all the things I've done with her, she'll always stay in my heart and will always be. Macam mane kene rotan ngan dia pon! I still love her.

It been years since I last visited her graveyard, I really hope I can make my trip there pretty soon. Insyallah.

Now, lets recite some prayers for my nenek and 3 other grandparents of mine shall we?

Al-fateha.



yours truly

Photobucket
Suriani
15thMarch1987
genuinelysuriani@hotmail.com


♥ ♥ ♥

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

follow me


follow mmyynn at http://twitter.com


shout it out



counter


bloghopper





affiliates

Ain
Ain
Amy
Anna
Anna
Dayah
Elaine
Eqah
Esah
Farah
Fasya
Fazima
Fiq
Gegerrl
Haziqah
Hidayah
Ifah
Iffah
Indah
Ita
Izan
Izzah
Jannah
Kina
Lela
Liani
Lina
Marina
Natra
Nisa
Nora
Norima
Nurul
Puteri
Saidah
Seth
Shasha
Shazila
Sheila
Shima
Syaqy
Suraini
Thaqifah
Yaya
Yunis
Zura

Diah
Norfa
Nurul
Rima
VB
VictoriaBeckham